Friday, December 3, 2010

Collin had a birthday!

My little baby boy is ONE! On his special day, I tried to be extra sweet. He knew something was up, not so much from my sweetness, but from the decorations and his busy mama! Ok, I was ECSTATIC to plan a birthday party. I planned for months, and multiple parties, and finally decided on a Mickey Mouse theme. It took me three days to prepare and clean and cook. I loved it! Welcome to our party!
I made two cakes: one for Collin to destroy and one for the party guests to eat. Mickey's head was Collin's cake. I thought it turned out ok for just free-handing it. The other cake was the #1 with Collin's name on it. Cute, but Mickey turned out better.

These are some of the decorations that were put up for the party. I cut out colored circles and Mickey head silhouettes and made the banner.

We had Mickey ice cream sundaes with our cake.
This was the dinner spread. Each item went with one of Mickey's friends. Pluto's hot dogs, Daisy's fruit garden, Minnie's vegetables, etc. Collin kept walking up to the table, and tapping the table cloth. He was excited.
He wasn't quite sure what to do with the presents. He kept turning around to find Daddy's phone (that's what he's playing with in the first picture.) After I tore a bit off, he tore bits off. I mean bits. He would pull a little piece of paper off, and then tear it in two, and then give me the pieces. Then go for it again! So instead of sit there for hours, I started opening them for him.
He was excited about what was in the paper.
Blocks from Grandpa. My dad would play blocks with us kids when we were little and my parents think that helped us learn to read and spell.
He also got a Zooming Speedway. It lights up and makes noises. Super fun!
Cousins Chandler and Campbell came to celebrate with us.
Uncle Dave taught Collin how to make the Speedway spin. Collin was clapping in excitement!
Then it was time for cake. Collin wasn't sure what to with the cake at first, but once he stuck his hand in he freaked out. He did NOT like being dirty. He tried to pull the frosting off his fingers, and then tried to knock the cake off his tray. I gave him one little bite, and then he tried to eat what was on his fingers. He wasn't impressed and Daddy quickly cleaned him off.
I think the excitement got to him, and he took a "nap" from 8:30-10pm. Then when he got up, we let him open his gift from Nanny and Papa. He loved it and stayed up til midnight playing with it! It was a super fun party!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh he is soooo big!!! I can't believe it!!! I can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

    ReplyDelete