Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas break trip - Part 2


Just because I thought it was funny, I wanted to share Collin's bed while in New Mexico. We pulled the mattress out of the sofa sleeper and put it between our bed and the wall. Collin got really freaked out sleeping in his pack n play in a strange place, but for some reason did really well on this.
We watched a few movies at night, complete with microwave popcorn, Collin and Mama's favorite!

We planned to go to the local zoo Friday, but because of the drive down, we didn't make it. We went Sunday instead. It was like we had the zoo to ourselves! I've never been to a zoo that empty of visitors. Now, it wasn't the best zoo we've ever been to. The areas where the animals were kept were really rather small. The only one that was large was the elephants. I kind of felt bad for them.
The flamingos kept squawking and Collin wasn't sure how to respond.

This large gorilla came running out of the cave straight towards us when we turned the corner. I was freaked out. Then it jumped into the pit between his area and ours. We hurried onto the next exhibit.
First, who wants to walk UNDER birds. Second, that's a 9 foot wing span! Huge!
Collin like the chimps.
CUTEST Tasmanian wombat ever!

The alligator was just laying there like that. Creepy!

Collin and I imitating the baby monkeys.


They had not one, but TWO bald eagles! We were shocked.



Collin telling Daddy about what he was seeing.

Shoulder ride to check out the seals.

The last place (beside the gift shop), was the polar bears. I'm always amazed at how big and cuddly they look.

Finally, we visited Old Town. I love the feeling, the atmosphere, the history of Old Town. Its like taking a walk in the past. I especially loved the Christmas decor.

Yes, those are dried chili's hanging on the beam. They were also along an entire wall of this store.

The large Christmas tree in the towns center. I love that they wrapped the white posts with red ribbon making them look like candy canes.


This is the church that Old Town is centered around. It was built in the late 1700's, in the shape of a cross, and it's walls are 5 feet thick! While we were there real live monk's came out from a wedding! Awesome!

Overall, it was a good trip. The first day we were thinking we'd made a bad choice in trip destination but after the fact, we're glad we went. We now know one thing: we don't want to live in Abq.

No comments:

Post a Comment