Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas!

Our Christmas this year was busy!  Thinking back on Christmas past, I don't remember having so much to do in one day!  We woke up around 9 (Collin had a late night because of a cold and slept in.) The night before I was wrapping presents in our room, and Collin caught me.  So he'd already seen the presents he was getting.  When I got him out of his crib Christmas morning, he said "Buzz? Buzz?"  He remembered that he got to play with Buzz today, because that's what I told him.

We first made a big breakfast.  And then finally got around to opening gifts.  Collin was SO fun this year.  He was excited about tearing paper off of gifts.  When we'd ask him what it was, most times he'd say "Box".  Too funny!  We would have Collin open one or two, but then he'd get distracted and want to play with those, so then Greg and I would open a couple.  It went really well.  I think Greg won the "gift-off" this year.  He did WAY better for me, than I felt I did for him.  Some of the highlights:  I got a frame to help us remember our anniversary this year, a deep fryer and a cricut.  Greg got outfitted for work: shoes, socks, shirt, tie & cufflinks.  Collin got a talking Buzz Lightyear, some cars, books, and pjs.  We had church at 1, but Collin's nose was really starting to run, and he was getting cranky, so we put him down for a nap instead.
He was really excited to see Buzz Lightyear.

I made the pillow Greg is laying on.  He was always stacking whatever soft things he could find to play his game, so I came up with this idea.

Collin getting into the unwrapping.

A popcorn popper!  Just what I wanted!

Greg's parents sent us a Sega Genesis.  We were shocked...and excited!


 After Collin's nap (which we had to wake him up from...) we headed down to my parents house to open gifts with them.  My mom's family still all gets together, and that was supposed to start at 5:30.  But with Collin's nap, we didn't get down to my parents til 5:30.  We opened our gifts there, and then headed over to my Aunt Michelle's house for the extended family gathering.  It was crazy!  Then we got back home kinda late, and so Collin went down late again.
Collin LOVES the Mickey phone and Toy Story sticker book he got from Grandma and Grandpa

Collin helping Greg open a gift while Cassie and Grandpa watch.

Grandma & Grandpa got Collin a talking Woody, so now Collin has the set.  He LOVES them both.
My mom's extended family listening to my Grandpa tell us why he loves Christmas, and how blessed he is with all of his wonderful kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids.

Collin and Kimball watching Winnie the Pooh.  Kimball is only 3 months younger than Collin.  They're buddies.
The next morning we ALL woke up sick.  Collin and I had full-blown colds, and Greg had a stomach bug.  Greg recovered within 24 hours, but I got worse.  Collin is doing better, but has a cough and runny nose.  Lets just say sleeping hasn't gone that great around here.  Also, Collin just loves all the new toys.  He fights going to sleep because he just wants to play with all his fun new things!

It was a good Christmas; a busy, but good Christmas.  When we were talking about how fun it was to have Collin so excited, Greg mentioned that from now on we will always get to have that excitement around Christmas time; the excitement and innocence that comes with little children.

I love this time of year for all the joy it brings.  I love remembering my Savior and his humble mother.  I love seeing and sharing that love that our Savior has for us.  It is so abundant this time of year, and it warms my heart to see it and hear of it.   
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun Christmas!! :) You and I are so much a like (if we didn't already know that).....we got our boys the same pjs! Shaef has the same blue and brown striped with orange trim that Collin has. Great minds think alike! Hopefully soon we can get the boys together to play with their Big Buzz and Woody Guys! (Shaef has those too..)

    ReplyDelete