We purchased a Groupon for the Heber Valley Railroad in April, and decided to use it on Memorial Day. It was a themed ride - Wild West! We all did our best to dress the part, and Collin got tons of compliments. We drove up to Heber and grabbed lunch. Then while waiting to board, we ate our lunch on the grass. Then we wandered around. Tate and I hoped in line for a train car while Greg and Collin went to get Collin a mustache.
The first seat I found that was open, didn't have an open window, so we waited until a family all moved to sit together and then moved to one with a window. So glad we did because it was pretty warm!
 |
| There were some bad guys trying to hop on the train as we were pulling out , but we couldn't really see because we were on the other side of the train. |
 |
| Little buddies |
 |
| Two robbers came through the train car looking for gold! |
 |
| The boys enjoying the breeze and checking out the view. |
 |
| When they found it they came back through looking for a hostage, and chose me! They asked me if I could cook; I said I could. Then he asked me if I could sew buckskin clothes. I was pretty sure I could, but hesitated and looked to Greg. He said, "Absolutely she can!" Then the robber said "You're tryin' to get rid of her? Maybe we don't want her!" Then he asked me if I could make moonshine. I said no. And finally they asked if I could skin a bear, and I said no. They decided I wouldn't be of enough use, so they left me! This whole thing didn't phase my boys at all! Guess they knew Mom would be fine! |
 |
| When the robbers found out the gold was chocolate they didn't want it so they shared with us. |
 |
| Leaving the train |
 |
| There was a gun fight! It scared Tate, so he and I didn't get to watch. But Collin said the good guys won! |
 |
| Picture with the bad guy (left) and deputy (right). They called Collin "Sheriff Woody". |
 |
| We all got mustaches after the gun fight. Collin picked which mustache each of us got. |
 |
| Boys with staches. |
 |
| Family picture in front of the train |
 |
| Collin went to check out the tee-pee. |
 |
| They were tired. We grabbed a couple pictures and then headed back home! |
It was such a fun experience! I would love to do it again, and maybe if they do it, a longer one. Our ride was only about 40 minutes long. We didn't really even make it our of town before they backed up to the station again. It would be fun to do one that went out to the lake! Maybe we'll have to go another time!
No comments:
Post a Comment