We are so excited! Its been a long time coming. We had been trying for about a year and half. I miscarried in August, which was super heartbreaking especially after trying for so long. I have been pretty sick. Mostly just nauseous the whole day, but at about 11 weeks I started throwing up as well. I got some great advice from a friend, and started eating before I got up and also spreading out breakfast and lunch over a few hours and it has helped immensely! I still have times of feeling a little nauseous, but no more throwing up and I can get things done around the house. Hooray!
![]() |
| First ultrasound at 10 weeks |
![]() |
| 12 week ultrasound |
It was crazy to me how much that little baby had grown in just two weeks! Then today I had my 16 week appointment and ultrasound. I think its nuts that we've seen this baby three times already! Confession: I have a little mini panic attack before the appointment every time, that I might have lost the baby. I'm thankful for the morning sickness that means I'm still pregnant. And now I can feel the baby moving, which helps me know baby is doing ok. Anyway... if the baby is cooperative, you can tell the gender at the 16 week appointment. Our baby was cooperative. We're having a...
BOY!
![]() |
| Looking up between the legs... |
We were kinda shocked because I'd been more sick with this pregnancy. We thought that maybe that meant it was a girl. Also Collin had been calling baby "baby sister" for the first few weeks, we thought maybe he knew something. The past few weeks though, he'd been alternating between calling it "baby", "baby sister", and "baby brother". I had a few dreams these last few weeks that it was boy. Guess they were telling me something.
We're so excited to have another little boy join our family in October! Collin is excited for "baby brother" to come and play with him.



Yay for that little baby! I can't wait to meet that little guy! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteSooo happy for you! Brothers will be so fun! :)
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you! I had a similar experience. I miscarried in September (for the first time ever) and then found out I was pregnant again in January. I also got pretty nervous for my early ultrasounds with my current pregnancy. It is so nice when you get far enough along to feel the baby move. So fun that you are having a boy! Congrats again. Can't wait to see pictures of your house too!
ReplyDelete