Friday, June 13, 2014

San Francisco - Part 3

Wednesday we went to Santa Cruz.  It was about an hour drive, so we tried to get an early start so we'd have enough time to see and do all we wanted to there.  We were still rushed (especially with little kids), so I wish we would have REALLY gotten an early start.

First thing we did was the boardwalk amusement park.  It was fantastic and everyone had a great time!

Dad is such a good sport to go with Collin.


My dad and brother, Lewis, rode this coaster with Cassie and Justin.

Riding the (can't for the life of me remember what its called!).  I was nervous with Collin, but glad Grandma walked Tate along underneath. 

This rockin' ride played awesome rock songs. 

Singing along!

The package we bought came with arcade credit that we thought would work with the carnival games along the boardwalk, but didn't.  So we payed for Collin to go fishing and get a prize.

He caught a couple of big ones!

Collin's first roller coaster ride.  He got to go with Grandpa!  Lewis was excited as well.

I think this may have been one of Collin's favorites.


There was a large children's section that we ended up at towards the end, so the big kids (ie: Cassie, Justin, Lewis and Greg) rode the big rides while Grandma, me, and Grandpa with a sleeping Tate watched Collin ride a bunch.

Grandma with grandkid #2

Dad came just in time to be Collin's "cargo".  I got him buckled and he asked, "But who's gonna be my cargo?"


My mom's favorite ride!  Cassie and I love how much my mom giggles through the whole ride.  

Over the years, we've gotten really good at making it spin a ton, and I think that made Collin more nervous.  That and our squeals and laughs.

We tried to hit some souvenir shops on our way to mini-golf, but they were all closing!  The package we bought came with 2 other attractions, and we decided to do mini-golf and bowling.  We did mini-golf first, which had an awesome pirate theme.  And we all had a blast.  Tate fell asleep again.  After we finished, we were starving!  So we found a pizza place and ate, and then went bowling.  By the end of bowling, we were all exhausted and still had an hour drive back!

It was such a fun day!   I wish we would have planned more time, and been able to do Santa Cruz two days.  Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment