Last week we went to get our pumpkins for Halloween. I know, I know! We're early this year! (The last three years we got pumpkins like the day or two before Halloween.) Collin was so much more fun this year. He even colored his own pumpkin! Here's the pictures:
 |
| Riding in the wheelbarrow through the patch. |
 |
| Helping Mama pick out the best pumpkin! |
 |
| One down, two to go! |
 |
| We found his pumpkin! (This boy can't keep his eyes open in pictures!) |
 |
| Starting the carving, gutting, and coloring! |
 |
| Really getting into it! |
 |
| I asked him to smile. This is what I got. Also, he loves those candy corn pumpkins! |
 |
| Focusing. |
 |
| Collin's pumpkin all colored. He wanted a face, so Mama drew one. |
 |
| All three pumpkins. (Collin, Greg, Becca) |
Collin is going to be Iron Man for Halloween. He's super excited. I found
this tutorial through Pinterest about making duct tape boots. I thought it would be the perfect thing to complete the cheap Iron Man costume we found at Target. Collin was so excited to have Iron Man boots, he sat through the whole process! The boots in the tutorial (for those who didn't check it out) are lace-up "musketeer" boots. I didn't want the Iron Man ones to lace-up, nor did I have a spare pair of socks to use to make the boots. (She tapes right to a pair of socks in the tutorial.) So I had him put his shoes on, and then put my socks over the top of the shoes. Then I made my first layer sticky side up. The second layer was sticky side down. Then I cut down the back of the boot. That way I can slip them over his shoes, kinda like shoe covers. Finally I will just put a piece of tape up the cut in the back on Halloween to hold them on.
Collin LOVES them. He was an enthusiastic model.
 |
| Close up. |
 |
| His Iron Man pose. |
 |
| Action shot! (Please ignore the cluttered room...) |
Haha I love that little Iron Man! Our boys are so much alike! I am impressed by your boots! I should have had you make 2 pairs ;). Looks like you guys are having a fun & festive Halloween!
ReplyDelete