Greg's car died. It's been out of use for over a month so Greg's been driving my car to work. This leaves me and Collin at home without a car. Honestly, I thought it would be worse. It really hasn't been too bad. Yes there are days when I've needed/wanted to run to the store or do some other errands, but those don't happen too often. I have, however, been starting to feel "stuck" (one of Collin's favorite words). So when my brother went out of town and offered his car to me for the weekend, I was stoked!
Since we had wheels, we decided to use them and Collin and I went down to Pleasant Grove to Hee Haw Farms. We met my mom, sister and brother there. There was TONS to do and we all enjoyed it. We played in the corn pit, and took pictures of Collin on the tire swings. Collin's favorite game was throwing a corn stub (you know, the cob without corn on it...) through boards with holes in them. There were probably seven or eight boards and he tried all of them. We went on a hay ride and navigated our way through the corn maze. We got some popcorn, cotton candy and caramel apple chips. Oooh, let me tell you about those. We devoured them, so no pictures. They cored and thinly sliced an apple. Then topped it with caramel, chocolate sauce, whipped cream and sprinkles. It was delicious! Then we went down the slide...where I bruised my tailbone. There was a large bump at the bottom, and I had Collin on my lap. You can't really control your speed, unless you were to drag your hands (which mine were holding Collin). So we hit that bump, and I felt it immediately. My brother, David, took Collin down again but they did fine. OH, and I forgot my camera! I guess I was too excited about the car. So all we had were phones. I guess at least we had those. Here's some pictures:
 |
| My brother, David, me and Collin on the hay ride. |
 |
| Collin didn't really like the corn pit. |
 |
| Collin peeking through one of the boards where he through his corn stub. |
 |
| Swinging on a tire swing. They were made into fun shapes. I think this one was a horse. |
 |
| Collin riding on David's shoulders through the corn maze. |
No comments:
Post a Comment