So this wasn't really Collin's first haircut, because when he was 11 months I trimmed the back of his hair. And I have trimmed the front a couple of times. Today was, however, the first time at the salon getting his hair cut! I found a lady who cuts hair out of her house that was pretty cheap and nearby. She was great with him, but he was not so great with the whole experience.
He let her spray his hair with a concerned look on his face, and then she snipped twice and that was it. He had a full meltdown! Crying, grabbing for me, grabbing the comb and scissors, squirming. It was quite a show! I pinned his arms down and she let him have some smarties. I shared the smarties with him, which consoled him a little bit. Then when it was time for the clippers, he was really done! I had to pin his head to my shoulder so she could get the straight line at the back of his head.
But now he looks SO handsome! He really looks like a little boy now instead of a baby!
Hooray for haircuts!
Shaef did that with his first haircut also...now it grows to fast for me to afford to pay for it to get cut so I buzz it! :) He wiggles so much I find a lot of errors after! I guess that is the only thing really high maintenance about boys... :)
ReplyDelete